Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wavering Food

Stopped by the office to pick up the check personnel seems incapable of mailing. Ha! It's dated for today-so much for writing it when the piece was published and "just forgetting to include it." One of the assistants - the snooty one who thinks wiggling her fat ass in a tight mini skirt will bump her into executive editor one day drops her falafel platter into the garbage as she runs to make another pot of coffee.

The tin foil carryout looks enticing - I smell the food above the vanilla scented trash bag - it's greater than the cigarette tinged clothes, the bowls of fresh mints, and the clashing perfumes and colognes weighing down upon the room. Quickly I grabbed the container and slip it into my tote...as soon as I exit the building I tear into it, no need for utensils. It was one of the best meals I have ever had when by myself.

I can't think of food since then. And he hasn't asked me to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment