Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Shifting

The incense brought to mind the open fields leading to the wood mazes that they dominated - the terrains they wrote their songs on - when the Night stayed a faithful lover, when the Moon whispered erotic poetry, when the howling predated all segmented languages.

All four feet played with silver lit landscapes...each downy hair carried the evening's pledge to keep Her alive, each pup striving for Her general accompaniment, to warm Her and exchange trade secrets. They fed in the Dark as the Dark toyed with ways to blend their DNA with the lowly humans, test marketing it with the most exalted of the lot - the shamen.

I wish I could experience that shift to bring me closer to Her. I hate the wall that always springs at the tell-tale breakthrough.

He said I could have whatever I wanted for dinner - no debate, no doubts. Time to feed the hunger, quench the thirst...time to soothe my spirit. Tonight I could taste the emotions as they seeped forth in their true manners, returning to pure states of matter, purified from the mold that had contaminated their original intentions.

Muddled versions, he informed, always so, when beset by the dregs people chose to choke on. Caught at the precise second of escape, one could partake in a drug unknown to most, a high unlike any poor chemical substitute. Break through one trap to have the strength and knowledge to raze all others - that was the bonus lesson.

While waiting, I sat in the dark close to the bed, awaiting Her answer - was this enough? I could feel the wolves in the room with me, their fuzzy sinewy bodies enveloping my lap....breasts.....feet.....My neck ached, a wetness begging for attention. I felt their tongues licking at it, stimulating the hot well - adding their thoughts to mine. I smelled their own hunger- the itch from the Night sky represented so well in their silken movements.

She was stirring. I smelled the meat on their teeth - bits still dissolving - particles releasing the mental trips that had bound them to each person. The incense died out. The flames lowered. She was spinning within the wolf pack. They were bringing Her forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment